So I got an Instant Pot for Christmas and y’all, I was so excited. And then I got really overwhelmed with all the settings and didn’t have enough time to really research what they all meant so it sat on my countertop up until 2 days ago. I found a recipe for sweet potatoes on Pinterest and it looked really simple so I decided it give it a try!
Y’all, these were the best sweet potatoes I’ve ever had… seriously, ever.
It was the PERFECT way to break in my Instant Pot because now I feel a little more confident even though I still don’t know what most of it means. You can find the recipe I used here or I’ve also posted it below with my own photos + my sweet potato breakfast bowl 😋
Instant Pot Sweet Potatoes:
1. Scrub sweet p’s using water + brush
2. Place steamer basket inside your Instant Pot
3. Add 1 cup of water
4. Add sweet potatoes (can do up to 6 at a time)
5. Close top + ensure valve is set to “sealing”
6. Set pressure cook to 15 minutes
7. Once the timer goes off, the Instant Pot will shut off + start counting up from 1. Leave the Pot sealed and let sit for 25 minutes.
When it gets to 25, your Sweet P’s are tender + ready! and tender they were. Y’all, I was able to just peel the skin right off. SO GOOD 😍
So far, I’ve had one plain for dinner and one for breakfast. I did a bow of sweet potato, natural peanut butter, banana + ancient seeds + grains.
What’s your favorite way to eat Sweet P’s?
That’s all for now,